Senior Citizen and Disabled Transportation
- An average of 1,800 to 2,000 residents per month are transported to doctor and hospital appointments, grocery stores, pharmacies, beauty shops, Granite City Township Senior Citizen Center, and any other business and/or residence within Granite City Township.
- Senior Citizen daily meal delivery is provided to an average of 190 Granite City residents per week.
Senior Citizen Services
- Completed and filed IL Department of Revenue Circuit Breaker forms.
- Annual Christmas Party for Granite City Township senior citizen residents. Employees of the township serve senior citizens - dinner; provide entertainment. This event is funded by Granite City Township and is free of charge to Granite City residents. The employees of the township donate their time for this event.
- Annual Peach Picking Trip - Granite City Township senior citizens are transported from the township to Eckert's for peach picking. This event is free of charge, and funded by Granite City Township.
- Annual Apple Picking Trip - Granite City Township senior citizens are transported from the township to Eckert's for Apple Picking. This event is free of charge, and funded by Granite City Township.
- Blood Pressure & Blood Sugar - Every month, check calendar of dates.
- Annual Flu Shots - Granite City Township provides the township building for VNA Healthcare Inc. to administer flu shots to area residents. Granite City Township employees aide the nurses in planning and organizing this event.
- Thursday Bingo - is provided by Granite City Township free of charge. After lunch on Thursdays, a volunteer calls 15 bingo games and "cover all". Each winner receives $0.50 per game won (winnings are funded by Granite City Township).
- Granite City Township provides a facility Daily for two senior citizen organizations (AARP and Senior Social Committee) to conduct their business.
- Cookies, coffee, and donuts are provided daily (Mon. - Fri.) for senior citizens who come to the township to socialize and meet other residents.
- Granite City Township provides a facility for meals to be served (Mon. - Fri.) to area senior citizens. The food is provided by Alton Food Kitchen.
- Walmart - 2 times a month
- Line Dancing - Every week, check calendar for dates.
- Pinochle - Every Tuesday at 12:30pm
- Fairview Heights Shopping Trip - Every Wednesday evening, call for reservations.
- Movie Day - Check calendar for dates.
Granite City Township Hall Rental
- The Nelson Hagnauer Township Hall is available for rental for large events and meetings. Generally, the hall is used for wedding receptions, wedding and baby showers, anniversary parties, birthday parties, senior citizen meetings, bingo and special events. However, the hall is also used by community organizations.
Granite City General Assistance
- Granite City Township provides monetary assistance to Granite City Township residents whose income level qualifies them for General Assistance.